Friday, June 8, 2012

SWEATY SUCCESS!!

I sweated to the oldies!!


 OK, not oldies - actually some pretty cool techno/mod hiphop beat - pretty cool for a yoga class...



 
Buggy Item #2 - CHECK THAT BITCH OFF!

Hot yoga was FREAKING AWESOME.  Just know that there's no cheesy cracks here about stinky old men or queefing (anyone who's ever attended a yoga class, you praaaaabably know what I'm talking about!!)


I wage parking war, once again, only to run into the studio with 30 seconds to spare to tell the receptionist their parking sucks (which I'm sure she seriously already knew) and be told "Oh but you know about the parking lot behind our studio, right?"

10...9...8...7... This is SUPPOSED to be calming!!

Ok so I successfully get the Groupon redeemed, and enter Hades.


It is HOT.  So hot that before I can even get my mat unrolled, I am "glistening" with sweat. 

A quick glance around tells me that almost everyone in there (except the instructor) is probably under 30 - must be a hip place! *Cue the techno-vibe jams...

We start cranking through some poses - deep lung to Warrior One to Warrior Two to chattarunga (a spelling genius yogi I'm not...) to Downward Dog to deep lung - you get the idea...

At about the time I'm thinking, holy baJesus I can feel my shins starting to drip, the cool "I-act-and-feel-much-younger-than-I-am" instructor asks, "Is it hot enough in here?! Come on, let's sweat this shit out!"

And cranks it to 104 degrees.

This is no Arizona desert dry heat either - they make sure to keep humidity at around 70%. 

I suprise myself in my ability to keep up with the positions - and only confuse Utkatasana (chair pose, and I SO copy&pasted that word lol) with Chaturanga once...awkward...

Chair Pose...                              Chattarunga (and that's so what I look like doing this. lol)

It's as we're lying in Corpse Position at the very end (basically just flat on your back, trying to not die from dehydration) that the instructor starts waxing philsophically and gives her Yogi Vibes.

I lay there with my eyes close, heart racing and feeling SO FREAKING ALIVE, and hear this:

"Remember this place where you are now.  This high that you feel.  Remember this so you can always come back here."

We roll over, as instructed, to lie in fetal position and her next words ring in my head over and over.

"Nothing has to change, nothing is wrong."

I feel like the words are for me alone.  Even though I've caught the sh*t end of the stick lately, nothing is wrong with me - with us.   I sit up and face forward for an exchange of "namastes" and feel - I feel like everything will be ok...

The instructor requests of us that "when you lose your high, you just get your ass back here for some more."

See YOU next Thursday night!!!



*sneak preview for just-improvised Buggy Item #3 - dinner and drinks at a Moroccan/MiddleEastern restaurant tonight - belly dancers galore!!

No comments:

Post a Comment