Monday, June 18, 2012

Project 365

Project 365:

Official Buggy Item #4.  (I think it's #4... apologies for lack of continuity with the Buggy Items... lol)

For the next year, I'm picking up a popular blog trend, and I WILL post one picture a day.  (No, not those weird pictures I pull from google images that are somewhat appropriate for the blog entry...)

Even if I'm tired, or it's a picture I took a few days prior - I am making this commitment.  To myself and my photography.  I LOVE taking pictures.  And each time I pick up my camera, I remember WHY I love it.

I really want to start picking up my camera more often.
 So, Project 365.

All pictures, all mine.

Sometimes they will be appropriate to what I have to say.  Sometimes they'll be SO random, but SO PRETTY!




(And no, that's not the first picture...)

After a rough night this past Saturday (and rough morning on Sunday), I spent alot of the next day on my front lawn, seated Indian-style, staring at the front of my house... (through a view finder, of course.)

NOT that weird artsy guy.  You know, from American Beauty?
(Not THE picture either.)
(You'll know it when you see it.)

When spring was around the corner, I went out and bought a "butterfly garden."  It was some kind of weird paper mat, with seeds sealed in between layers, that you were supposed to plant in your garden to attract butterflies.  So guess where the butterflies were Sunday afternoon?

THE OTHER SIDE OF THE HOUSE.  *sigh* 

money well wasted...


Anyways, they were white - they were pretty, and there was two of them!  Being the aspiring photographer I am, I ran inside and grabbed my lovely camera that E bought me as a wedding gift.  (He seriously wondered if it was the best decision when we came home from our honeymoon with over FOUR THOUSAND PICTURES...)



I just kept snapping as the butterflies kept fluttering around.  I had no idea if the shots came out or not until, hours later, I hooked up the memory card reader to the computer.

I almost felt like I did when I used my FIRST camera at 12 years old, and had to wait for pictures to be developed at a pharmacy! Yea, almost. 

Some came good, some came not so clear, and some - perfection:


And because I love you all, you get a second shot, on this first day of Project 365!
 © 2012 Moments Captured

1 comment:

  1. Those are beautiful photos! And I must say, bravo for snapping over 4,000 pics on your honeymoon! Holy crap girl!

    ReplyDelete