Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Finally a chance to breathe...

It feels like the past couple weeks have been just ON THE GO.  I feel like we've been non-stop running since we started keeping as busy as humanly possible the day after The Appointment (you KNOW what appointment I'm talking about...)

This week is no different! Yesterday was aqua cardio (love the little old ladies, they're so cute in their social hour discussing their whiny grandkids and fabulous baked beans recipes) followed by bridal shower gift shopping.  For a shower in 4 days.

Procrastinate much?

But I nailed the gifts, if I do say so myself.  They're all dessert theme - from their cake platter to their 25-piece dessert serving set to a Just Desserts cookbook.  I am the BEST gift buyer, EVAAHHHH!!!

Anywanys - work's all of a sudden CHAOS as well due to a lovely law suit that's required us to now provide copies of everything this company has EVER DONE in the last 7 years.  Guess who gets to organize all THAT.  And the judge seems to not care how long it takes...

Me:  Yea, its gonna take 3 months to pull this together, and that's with someone working on it 40 hours a week, which we can't afford the staff for that right now.

Judge: Yea, that's great.  I still want it in a few weeks.

Me:










So long work day today followed by running home to pick up the dog and running back to my in-laws just-purchased house to help paint the last two rooms of four that we've done.   (I might as well just surgically attach paintbrushes to my hands at this point...)



In doggy news, the foster organization received "glowing" comments from my two referrals (carefully vetted friends with only good things to say).  It seems they're ready to go!

Meanwhile, E is back pedaling on this whole thing... He doesn't understand why we can't just walk into a shelter near us and pick one out that we've gotten to meet, that it'd be so much easier.

Me?  I am ready and willing to work and fight for this dog, for something I want dearly and already love.

If we shied away from doing things because they seemed too hard, or there was an "easy way out," I don't think we'd ever get pregnant again.

I can tell you, after feeling like you've failed, it is hard to get back in that saddle.  But I am also ready to face this fight head on.   We're on CD4(ish) and I'm fully stocked and armed with OPKs, HPTs, BBTs and BYOBs - wait. Wrong acronym.

Although I DO believe that WILL help with conception!

She must have been drunk!!!

So keep your fingers crossed that I can convince Eric that Molly is meant to be OUR dog, and that we don't get blisters getting back in that saddle!

I mean figurative blisters...

Not literal.  That's uh-LOT of tango-ing!!!




In honor of Molly, I leave you with Day #2 of Project 365!
Rocco, the coolest dog EVAH!

1 comment:

  1. OUCH can you imagine the literal blisters! HOLY CRAP, I'd retire from TTC and just adopt (both animals and babies!)

    ReplyDelete