Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Sore Losers

So E and I are big NY Rangers fans.  (Ok he's a bigger fan, I just started watching hockey when I met him... But 6 years has given me enough knowledge to know when to cheer and when to jeer!)

Imagine our dismay when the NJ Devils beat them in the Eastern Stanley Cup Finals.  Even worse, most of our friends are Devils fans - oh the gloating...

Imagine our GLEE (no music involved, mostly beer) when the LA Kings opened up a can of WHOOP ASS on the NJ Devils last night - Game 3 of the Stanley Cup Finals, and LA is up 3 games to NONE!  We've had to read our annoying friends' facebook statuses fawning over the NJ Devils after they beat the Rangers - those shitheads guys are awwwfully quiet now! 

E and I have already predicted what will happen next in facebook status updates when (not IF!) the LA Kings cream them in Game 4:
"Well that's ok, I'm just so glad we beat those damn NY Rangers!"

Excuse me? You only care that you beat the Rangers - sooooo you don't care at all if your team won or lost the ACTUAL Stanley Cup??

Sore losers.



I feel like a sore loser.   My BFF is pregnant (I'm trying to lose track of her weeks on purpose - she is exactly 3 weeks behind where I should be right now...)  My good friend just had a baby.  I see women from a message board I participate in moving on and "graduating."

And yes - I'm sitting here pouting like I did when I was 7 and the boys beat the girls at Red Rover during recess.  I can't even concentrate on the part where "we'll get them next time."    When is the NEXT TIME??   Why couldn't we have gotten them the FIRST DAMN TIME??

Here it comes - get ready for the whine and GRAB YOUR CHEESE!


ITS NOT FAIR. 


How did I end up with the sh*t end of this stick?  How did ANY of us??   How is it that drug-addicts and 16-year-olds and my grandmother* can get pregnant - and STAY pregnant - so easily??
*(grandma had 5 by the time she was 23... probably explains why she was completely gray at 30!)

Temper tantrum anyone?

"I want a baby NOW!! Get me a baby NOW hunnie!"*
*(Asking Daddy for a baby just seemed WEEEE-IRD)


And who the HELL ever thought up "Good Things Come to Those who Wait" ?!?!  Yea, you just wait right there in front of my fist - I'll show you something good...

1 comment:

  1. 5 kids by 23! Wowza!

    Btw, I posted an "it's not fair" photo to my blog as well today... ugh, seriously! Are you like me and boycotting facebook? I can't seem to bring myself to look at people and catch the unexpected pregnancy announcement from the meth addict from HS (why am I friends with these people online?)

    It is super helpful reading your blog and knowing you're going through the same things about the same times as me - although I wish neither of us had to go through it in the first place.

    ReplyDelete