Thursday, June 14, 2012

Prayer for Babies Lost...

I'm sitting here with an ice-pack on my groin/thigh, a nice swollen tendon to blame. 

Aqua Cardio is NOT your grandmother's sunday morning class!!
It's an awesome workout, muscle and cardio, and great for low impact. 
Hot Yoga again tonight, hopefully some heat and stretching helps this tendonitis - and if that doesn't do it, I've got sushi and cocktails with two great ladies after that!



I'll leave you with this great letter/prayer I got from my uncle (he married E and I) about our loss...


Life-giving God,
Your love surrounded each of us in our mother’s wombs, and from that secret place you called us forth to life.  Pour out your compassion upon K.  Her heart is heavy with the loss of the promise that once took form in her womb.  Have compassion on E.  His heart is also heavy with the loss of promise.
K and E grieve the death of hopes they anticipated, the dreams they envisioned, the relationship they desired.  Give them the courage to admit their pain and confusion, and couple that confession with the simplicity to rest in your care.

Allow them to grieve, and then to accept this loss.  Warm them with the embrace of your arms.  Knit together their frayed emotions, and bind their hearts with the fabric of your love for them.

 In the strong name of Jesus Christ I pray, Amen.





*Even if you're not too religious, or just believe in "some higher power," I hope the words speak to anyone who needs them, and they provide some comfort.

1 comment:

  1. Ok, I could barely skim over this without tearing up!!!

    I'm glad you have such a supportive uncle in your life! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete