Thursday, November 1, 2012

Hoarder - GUILTY as charged

I'm a hoarder:

*of shoes, first and foremost.  (whenever baby comes, we'll be battling for closet space in the currently spare bedroom!)
and my collection will never be complete until I own a pair of each:
pic namepic namepic name
(and if you have to ask what the RedBottoms are at the end - leave my blog.  right. now. 
ok, kidding - you can stay, but please email me for a verbal lashing...)

*of piercings (ok, hoarder might be a strong word, but at one point I had 16... still have 8 currently in)

*of clothes - when we moved into our house, we bought me two dressers, and hubby still had to build another into our crawlspace, in addition to my custom closet...

*and of quotes...



It's time for NaBloPoMo (... or National Blog Posting Month, but in a much funner name that rolls of the tongue like a Dr. Seuss character) and the prompt for today asks for your favorite quotation.

I hoard quotes - for cute wall art, for cool tattoos, for inspirational phone back grounds, for shits and giggles - I gather and collect quotes: I rip pages out of magazines, I take screen shots on my phone, I jot them down on gas receipts...

I even have a journal where I hand-copied pages and pages of some of my favorites (entire poems and songs included...)

Hopefully, it doesn't speak bad for my character when I say - I CAN.NOT pick just one favorite...

Ask me on CD1 and it may be something like "It's always darkest before the dawn."
Ask me in the middle of FW and it may be something like "Nothing can stop the [wo!]man with the right mental attitude from achieving his goal." Thomas Jefferson
Ask me right near the end of a 2ww and it may be something like "I am prepared for the worst, but hope for the best." Benjamin Disraeli

How about when, month after month of temp drops and BFNs and you dread hearing from any married friends because it might be that news as they bypass you - it could be something like:
"Success is sweet - the sweeter if long delayed and attained through manifold struggles and defeats." A. Branson Alcott


But a favorite? impossible to choose...

So I'll just close with a personal quote:  Wherever you are in life, BE PRESENT.  Live for now, because there are no guarantees a "then" will come...

3 comments:

  1. Love the quotes! It is so hard to pick out just one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Crud, I totally forgot about NaBloPoMo. It's November 2nd and I've already gone and blown it - maybe I can blame that hurricane... Good luck to you!

    I get what you're saying about having a favorite quotation. I have different faves in different contexts, just like I can't tell you my "favorite color". It depends, are we talking about a dress or a car or a tulip?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the quotes!

    I'm a total shoe-hoarder, too. My husband keeps telling me that I need to make more room in our closet for his shoes. I told him he could keep his FIVE pairs under the bed.

    ReplyDelete