Tuesday, July 31, 2012

SURPRISE!!

SURPRISE as in, no - it's CD17 and I still haven't even O'd and have had on and off spotting - both days it's been after BDing the night before... My theory is that I'm drinking TOO MUCH pom juice, and my uterus lining is so thick and heavy its coming out of my cervix and when we BD it gets aggrevated.  (I have a very boring job, and a very active imagination. And that story makes me feel alot better than an anovulatory cycle... a girl can dream.  But also, because lo and behold, mid-afternoon the spotting vanishes and leaves me shaking my fist at my uterus. ugh)

Really though, it's SURPRISE as in - we NAILED the surprise party this weekend.  My SIL's husband did a fantastic job getting E down to Seaside Heights on time, and played into the whole "your friends and wife abandoned you this weekened - that happens when you get older and birthdays don't count for as much."
All 24 people in attendance sat in utter silence in the backyard, waiting for what felt like eternity as E and his BIL unpacked the car and bags in hands, made their way slowly down the alley way to the backyard.  (I think I clutched my SIL's arms so hard, finger marks are still there.)

We did it.  We all yelled SURPRISE and he just stopped walking and started smiling really big as he noticed each face that had traveled down for his 30th birthday.  And it was all worth it.

The times where I know he felt I was hiding something (that sucked); and the night before the party when I partied with his sister and friends and felt HORRIBLE that he had to sit at home all alone with his beer and TV shows; and the morning of the party, his ACTUAL birthday, when I didn't call him until noon and he was all peeved that he had to be calling all of his friends to see what they were doing and did they love him enough to come down and maybe barhop with us later.

He cancelled the divorce papers (ha!) and even though he'd told me months before that he would never want a surprise party, E had a kickin' 30th birthday party:











 Complete with fabulous red velvet and coconut cupcakes



























And yes, it poured.  But we still had a blast - thanks to a neighbor/friend's canopy, and Hefty garbage bags, as Dee rocked out during beer pong.






Rainy! Rainy! Rainy!


HEFTY!!
HEFTY!!
HEFTY!!










By the end of the night, E and his best friend had finished:
a bottle of Jameson
a bottle of Cafe Patron
a bottle of Jack Daniel's honey

and their dignities, as they ramped up on their drunken testosterone and peed in different corners of the backyard.

1 comment:

  1. I literally had a mini heart attack when I read about the divorce papers! EEEK! Oh poor E thinking he'd never get a surprise party and that everyone FORGOT his birthday. That's the perfect set up for a surprise party and I'm glad he felt so loved by you and his friends/family :)

    Now how are you going to top that!?

    ReplyDelete