Monday, July 30, 2012

Sneaky Peak!

Surprise party pictures to come - blogger's being a pain in the ass... but, aside from the pouring rain, it went flawless! more tonight!

*****

I had to share a quote, from STFU Fertiles, because it really resonated with me, and when people want to say shit like "Well it must not have been the right time" when the miscarriage topic comes up.  ESPECIALLY if they're pregnant or already have kids - what, it was just the right time for YOU?

Here's what STFU has to say about that, and I whole-heartedly agree, because sometimes pregnant women can be smug.

"You didn't get pregnant because you did something right that deserved an award [...] and you didn't get pregnant because your love is so special and magical.
You got lucky.
Whether you appreciate it or not, you got lucky. That's why pregnancy is called a gift, not an award, because it isn't merit-based, or deserved, or earned. It's given."
[more to the quote, but this definitely summed it up for me.]

You're lucky that you can get pregnant easily. 
You're lucky you can maintain a healthy pregnancy. 
You're lucky you "got it on the first time."
You're lucky that you don't have to know what BBTs and OPKs and FWs and CM all stand for.
You're lucky that you didn't have to have saline shot through your uterus and ovaries to make sure they were all clear.

I know, we've all heard the "Well, I'll appreciate my baby more because I had to work hard for it."

I do not agree with that. I know mothers who had an easy time getting pregnant and appreciate and treasure every minute of being a mother.

But to the ignorant masses that had an "accident" and then screamed to the entire public that you're pregnant, at 4weeks none-the-less (hello assistant!? do you hear me?!) and to the coworkers who stroll through and ask me, "K - when do YOU want to have kids?" (how's last year sound?)

We want it NOW.  We're trying.  And if getting pregnant had anything to do with how much the parents WANTED a baby, or how hard they TRIED - well.  Rainbows and Unicorns for everyone!

3 comments:

  1. Omg that Oprah gif is too much. Freakin hilarious!
    Don't you love STFU Fertiles website?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. STFU is my new waste-time-at-work website!

      Delete