Friday, January 4, 2013

Da Dum... Du Dum...

**That would be the Funeral March - NOT here comes the bride...

As tonight, we are going to see fBFF and baby... E crammed his visit in the day she had the baby (and consequently the day before we flew out of town for 2 weeks) so it'll be my first visit...

I haven't seen her since her baby shower, and am just over-all dreading tonight...

I don't want her to know about me being pregnant - because I can just envision it now:

"SQUEEEE NOW we can be friends again!"

(Cuz you know, that was the whole reason we stopped being friends - she was pregnant and I was not.  *please tell me you could read the heavy sarcasm that was globbing and dripping between the lines...*)

I don't want her to be the smug "Oh just wait until [xyz] happens, it's the best/funniest/most amazing thing ever!" lady who's all, ha - been there and DONE THAT!


But, I'm pulling on my BigGirlPanties - and once again being the "bigger person."

And speaking of BigGirl things, maybe she'll offer her maternity clothes and I'll get the chance to say, "oh hunnie - your clothes would be WAY TOO BIG on me, even at 9 months!" (**remember the Elbow Dimples?!) 
"Thanks though, bless your heart!"

3 comments:

  1. LOL about the "too big" maternity clothes. good luck tonight!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Please, please, please say that if she offers her maternity clothes! That would bee too funny. I do hope the visit goes well with no drama. I have one of those former BFFs but I doubt I'll ever see her again.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I second that you should say that about maternity clothes... let us know how it went!

    ReplyDelete