Thursday, December 26, 2013

From the other side...

...of Christmas! I finished my shopping just SUNDAY, and finished wrapping on CHRISTMAS DAY.
I rocked this year...

And speaking of rocking, I was on a roll...
I did \/ THIS \/ to my phone while at a dealership on Saturday looking for a car-seat- and snow-friendly vehicle...

After 3 years of dropping this sucker right and left - from down low and up high, on brick, tile, hardwood and asphalt - it finally shattered...

And good timing - even though I basically refrained from peeking into E's amazon shopping cart the other day, I was sure I had seen a white Samsun phone of some sort...

So I was slightly confused when he saw what happened and suggested we go immediately to Verizon to get my new phone... hmmm so maybe I DIDN'T see Samsung...

but I had the "white" part correct for his shopping cart - hubby got me a new (white) Glow-Lite Nook!!
My old nook, the original just-black-and-white for-reading-only version, basically came with me EVERYWHERE... to work for lunch time, to the beach, on vacations, to bed - it even got packed in my hospital bag back in July.  And that thing never got turned off - I probably used it at least twice a day.  Until Benjamin was born... and then about 2 weeks or so after we got home from the hospital, I discovered my Nook wouldn't turn on... I was Sad Panda.
so hubby replacing it was AWESOME - and the glowlite is AWESOME because now the entire outlet on my side of the bed is used for cell phone charger and baby monitor, which means my pretty bed-side lamp is just that - a pretty decoration...

Anyways - after a late Christmas Eve at NJGrandma's house full of cousins and food and games and loud family (the latter being caused by the previous...) where Ben wore his new hat made by TexasGrandma -
 Christmas Day got a slow start while we all lounged in bed: 
This was followed by us opening Ben's presents for him (the ones we JUST wrapped the night before... now I'm not a bah-humbug, but really??  A waste of wrapping when all he wanted to do was EAT the paper, not see what was underneath it...)
While he was napping, we made our annual Apple Pie (a favorite that is always requested by E's dad) and a new recipe: Zuccini and cheese squares (came out really good! will maybe post recipe if anyone's interested!)

Of course, I'm at work today (and all of tomorrow - booooooo) and all my good Christmas-Day pictures of Ben eating wrapping paper at his NJGrandma's house are all on my camera, and I will hopefully get them posted soon (as well as his 5-month pictures that I just realized are overdue... maybe by 6 months I'll get them up. ha)

And a not-at-the-time-but-now-kinda-funny story when we got home after midnight Christmas Eve:
I was changing Ben's diaper before putting him back to bed, and that kid squirted himself (peed) right in the face... And then, after slapping a diaper/wipe/whatever was handy over his little fountain, just when I thought it was safe to finish his Desitin (damn diaper rash) and get a new diaper for him, he squired AGAIN - this time soaking his sleeper and onesie from belly button to chin - MERRY CHRISTMAS MOMMY!


And this, it makes me want to quit my job, this is Daddy Day-Care this week while E brags that he's off stays home with Ben:


No comments:

Post a Comment