Wednesday, June 17, 2015

the Fun of Telling (& Stupid Questions)

(oh and also a "Weading" Wednesday)

First thing's first - Button wore his "I'm Going to be a Big Brother!" shirt to daycare yesterday...

Owner #1 didn't seem to notice it as I walked past her in the lobby, and owner #2 was actually walking out of Button's room and so had a full-frontal view, and she started squealing and screaming! (such a great reaction... I loved it!)

And then Owner #1 (actually owner #2's mother) came around the corner and Owner #2 was like, "DIDN'T YOU SEE [Button's] SHIRT?!"
And then there was more screaming and squealing and hugs - and even more squealing when we walked into Button's room and the first teacher saw (and read) his shirt...

and then someone finally remembered Button - he was about to cry! pouty-lip-face and all!

He must have gotten scared with all the screaming, so we had to stop and calm Button down and explain how everyone was just SO EXCITED!

poor guy - but it was such a great experience to have everyone get so excited!! (You'd think I was the first parent there to get pregnant again! lol)

((And another reason why I'm still putting off telling administrator at work - her reaction in comparison to that will be like a wet mop... ))



And then at work this morning - a nurse practitioner (who used to work here full-time, I haven't seen in awhile) came in with a patient question, and was all, "how's your little one? holy cow, almost two years old?!"

And when I started to laugh about how we "cut down" from the big 1st birthday party last year (50 adults) to this year (43 adults. 11 kids. HA) he laughed, and then blurted out, "You're not pregnant again, are you?"

Ummm..... so because there was someone else (a regular employee here) in the office, I felt I had no other option but to blurt out a No... (sorry gummi bear!! Mommy can't WAIT to keep spreading the news!!)
(I guess I'll give this guy the benefit of the doubt - men don't usually realize that there's a large span of time during a pregnancy where the woman MAY NOT WANT TO TELL PEOPLE YET!!!!)




And now a quick Reading Update (I devoured books for awhile after last update, and then got stuck on my current book for the last 4-5 days.... blugh)

And in addition to the 24 books read for the challenge, I've read three other books outside of the challenge (couldn't find a damn category to cram them in.)

(we left off on total Book Number 23: Gone with the Wind, for which the sequel will be downloaded and read for my happy ending! And it won't count towards my challenge. DAMMIT!)

24. Feels Like Home by Evelyn Adams     n/a for Challenge List   (finished 6/2/15)
   Just a cute book I got for free (or cheap - less than a $dollar) during lunch one day at work (I love to read while at lunch... so if I don't have my current book/nook with me, I download another cheap/easy read! hence, so many books not on the challenge list!)

25. Sweet Valley High: #1 Double Love by Francine Pascal     #49/50: A book based on, or turned into a TV show    (finished 6/3/15)
This series became a TV show from 1994-1998 - basically my tween-into-teen years, and perfect reading for me then - a really light read I did in about 2 hours (when I was supposed to be working. SSH!)

26. Irish Thoroughbreds by Norah Roberts     #15/50: A popular author's first book    (finished 6/5/15)
Can you really get any more popular than Norah Roberts? (Longevity speaking here too... JK Rowling and Suzanne Collins and Stephanie Meyer aside...) This was just a light love-story, and you can actually tell it's her first novel... more poorly written then some of the free romances I get from B&N...

27. Never Let Me Go by Kazuo Ishiguro     #7/50: A book with nonhuman characters     (finished 6/7/15)
So the non-human characters in this (somewhat spoiler alert, the narrator lets you in on this secret pretty much in the first chapter) are basically, well - 95% of the characters.  They are "copies" created based on real humans, and they are created solely for organ donation... *I didn't realize, until I started reading this book, that I had already seen the movie (starring Kiera Knightly, Carey Mulligan, and Andrew Garfield).  Good movie, great book!

28. Room by Emma Donaghue     #11/50: A book with a one word title     (finished 6/9/15)
Oh this book... a novel written from the POV of a 5-year-old little boy, born into captivity - his prison? a one-room shed, hidden from the public by a man who kidnapped his mother 6 years ago...
So incredible a book, I was so so so so excited to find out its movie is supposedly in post-production status!!!!! I can't wait for this to come out!!! Highly Recommended Read!!

29. Hollow City: The Second Novel of Miss Peregrin's Peculiar Children by Ransom Riggs   #17/50: A book a friend recommended   (finished 6/10/15)
So this is more of a sequel to a book a friend originally recommended, but I decided it fit enough into this category... The first novel was pretty cool, and the second novel definitely met expectations (I in in fact, and for once, let lots of time pass between reading the first book and reading the sequel, but I did pretty well throughout the first chapter or so, to go, "oh yea! oh YEA! Now I remember what happened (mostly) in the first book!"


And I am currently days into reading Harper Lee's To Kill a Mockingbird and it's dragging only because I'm deciding at night to crochet a cowl instead of read...

1 comment:

  1. That's so exciting you're almost completely "out" to everyone! I hope your admin has a better reaction than what you're thinking she might do/say.

    ReplyDelete