Friday, May 6, 2016

water in my hair... I don't care...

I swear toddlers walk slower in the rain...

As water is pouring in the back of my trench, down my neck, Button is all strolling down the walk to the car... hooded rain jacket, what does he care?? OOO look a puddle to splash in!

Anyways - we had our pictures taken last weekend, and they came out SO FREAKING ADORABLE...


It is by far the best investment we'll ever make (at only $50?!?!) especially when Button's daycare asked for a family picture to go on their Family Tree, and I looked... and looked... and looked, and could only come up with a badly lit picture of the three of us from Cancun. Taken LAST YEAR...

And one of my favorite (I have probably 50 "favorites" from the 500+ pictures taken that day!!!)



Also - Ms. Mack has been sleeping in her crib now almost a week, and I do think it's helped! the last few nights she's gotten down to 2 wake-ups (and feeds)... the going down can be a little rough (last night we tried from 7:30-9pm, then I brought her down to her swing, and then she chilled in E's arms until I went to bed at 10pm and brought her up, nursed her to sleep (I KNOW... ugh) and put her in the crib...) but two nights ago was smooth as buttah! (in the crib at 7:30, asleep by the time I left Button in bed at 8:30)

All that to say - last night she slept 10pm til 2:45am (relatively awesome for us!) and then til 5:15 - and at this point I usually bring her to back to bed with me, for fear of her waking up Button mad early (and him waking US up...) but I put her back in the crib, and they were both fine in the nursery until we all woke up at 7:40 - YAY!!

So her first night spending all night in the crib, I feel rested (probably because I woke up between REM cycles as opposed to during one) but hopefully this chick starts to get the idea of STTN!

She's been eating enough for sure - 3Tbsp at a time of cereal, plus a fruit (banana, peaches or apples) and I think tonight we'll try avocado! (She has this at breakfast time and dinnertime with us...)

(maybe we'll try avocado... we might be too crazy, as we'll be flying around (as usual) after work tonight, to take the kiddos to Open Swim at the local indoor pool... maybe swim lessons for Button soon!)

((also - I get to attend Button's daycare's Muffins with Mom for the first time in three mother's days! MIL is down with a stomach bug today, on the day she usually watches Button, so I used that as an excuse with work - "I won't have to call out, but I do have to leave early to get him from daycare, they didn't originally have him on the schedule for today..." hee hee - I'll leave early and have Mom Muffins with my kiddos!))



To the mommies with babies in their arms...
to the mommies who hold memories of their sweet babies in their hearts...
to the mommies who hold dreams & desires for babies in their whole being...


Happy Mother's Day...

No comments:

Post a Comment