Saturday, December 19, 2015

Countdown continues to tick...

38w6days... one day past when Button was born, and BabyGirl is still cooking...


Thoroughly enjoyed my first week of maternity leave (so much done, got out of the house each day too!)

Been walking (the mall, the stairs in the house...)and also started pineapple (oh man, full circle...)
because OWT says it helps ripen/soften your cervix... Dude. I even ate hot wings after our Christmas PJ brunch last Sunday... and that's SERIOUS because I despise spicy like I hate bamboo shoots shoved under my fingernails...

All that to say, she's still tucked away...

(and given the battle about Christmas Day - MIL has planned her regular activities (E's aunt, cousin, and older sister over for dinner) as if nothing else was going on... and basically then expects E to come "for awhile" with Button (as well as my parents, who will be flying in the night before!) so E tells me that, on day TWO of having a newborn daughter and wife in the hospital, he'll be spending "A few hours" at his mom's house that day... SERIOUSLY?! and MIL is all, "and then he'll come back to the hospital to relieve your parents so they can come spend some time [at my house]..."


Uh-huh.  Because my mom would want to leave her baby (me!) in the hospital on Christmas Day to "escape" and have some time at her IL's house...

(another reason I hope Baby Girl's arrival is earlier than the planned RCS on 12/23... hope to be out of the hospital by Christmas Day and avoid that drama!)


Button's about to wake up from his nap, as E is about to get home from hockey...

Will keep you posted on BabyGirlWatch Christmas 2015!

2 comments:

  1. Oh man your MIL. That is ridiculous that she expects E and your parents to leave you at the hospital. Sure it's Christmas but you also just had a baby! Hope you have the baby soon so you don't have to deal with that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. UUUUGGGHHHHHH big cringe about Christmas. Just no. No one is leaving you. Also... you know what they say puts you in labor... some sexy time. Which is hilarious because I dont know about you, but that far into pregnancy and I was NOT AT ALL about sex. More like about trying to pee like a normal person and complaining about not seeing my own vagina for weeks.

    ReplyDelete