Friday, September 12, 2014

Foodie Friday: Bruschetta Chicken

Yea, I know - ME cooking?! But I've recently found some deep domestic gene that has been hiding the past 28 ok ok 29 years!

Of course, these little seasoning packets make it pretty easy to throw together a phenomenal dinner, aka:

Sweet Basil & Oregano Bruschetta Chicken


Last Friday night found me quartering plum tomatoes 
(and ok, I cheated a little bit using canned...) 
 I drained the tomatoes first - and waste not want not:
 I saved the juice in the red tupperware cup for some yummy bloody marys!

Then it was easy as 1-2-3. 
I mixed the seasoning pouch with olive oil and brushed it over tomatoes on one side of the pan 

and chicken breasts on the other, and intothe oven it went for about 20 minutes:

While the chicken and tomatoes were in the oven, I threw on a pot of water and cooked up some linguine (or vermicelli, or some other thin noodle, can't exactly remember - damn good Bloody Marys!)
I even got out my rarely-used large pasta bowl:

I cut up the chicken into smaller pieces, and then mixed both the chicken and tomatoes (and all the yummy juices that had collected in the foil - important part!) in with the pasta. 
 
And then it was Buon Appetito!
(The only shot I got of the finished product...)
Ben, E and I all dug in with gusto!


Stay tuned next week for Butternut Squash Soup!

2 comments:

  1. YUMMMMMMMMMMMMMMY! And look at you being all suzie homemaker! Way to go!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks great! I just ate and now I'm hungry again. I'm going to have to try this! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete