Monday, February 20, 2017

Book Battle being waged...

So I found, while perusing Pinterest, another Reading Challenge... (before I got too far, I realized it was for 2016 - not that it really matters, but then I found one for 2017, and I'm all for maintaining accuracy and integrity...)

But - there's a problem...

I've had "Outlander Series" on my To-Read list for the LONGEST TIME EVER. I finally read the first one, titled "Outlander," way back in fall(ish) of 2016... (I'm actually not sure exactly when I found it, but it's 16 books from the end of 2016 on my Books Read in 2016 list.... LOL)

((speaking of - so we don't skip over an entire year's worth of reading, because Lord knows I read. err' damn day... here's a list of books I read in 2016 (I don't think any were re-reads....))
1. We Are All Welcome Here by Elizabeth Berg
2. Open House - by Elizabeth Berg
3. Pull of the Moon - Elizabeth Berg
4. Home Safe - Elizabeth Berg
5. Noah's Compass - by AnneTyler
6. Trade Me by Courtney Milan
7. Zoo - James Patterson
8. Morgan's Passing by Anne Tyler
9. Vertical Run by Joseph R. Garber
10. Ladder of years by Anne Tyler
11. Once upon a prince by Rachael Hauck
12. The Nameless Dead by Brian McGilloway
13. Her Back-Up Boyfriend by Ashlee Mallory
14. Harry Potter and the Cursed child (ScreenPlay) by J.K. Rowling (also by John Tiffany and Jack Thorne)
15. Mystic River by Dennis Lehane
16. How to Win at High School by Owen Matthews
17. Paperweight by Meg Haston
18. Outlander by Diana Gabaldon (#1 in Series)
19. Dragonfly in Amber by Diana Gabaldon (#2 in series)
20. Voyager by Diana Gabaldon (#3 in series)
21. Gone by Michael Grant (Gone Series #1)
22. Hunger by Michael Grant (Gone series #2)
23. Lies by Michael Grant (Gone series #3)
24. The Guest book by Marybeth Mayhew Whalen
25. Matched by Ally Condie (Matched Series #1)
26. Crossed by Ally Condie (Matched Series #2)
27. The Substitute by Denise Grover Swank
28. Nobody's Angel by Sarah Hegger
29. Damaged by Pamela Callow
30. Sharp Objects by Gillian Flynn
31. Dark Places by Gillian Flynn
32. The Passage* by Justin Cronin (Passage #1) *re-read
33. The Twelve by Justin Cronin (Passage #2)


Hey, 33 books in 12 months - not bad, considering I had a NEWBORN at the beginning of that period! (It IS slightly under my average (based on the 2015 Reading Challenge which I last updated in OCTOBER, having read over 70 books at that point!!))

Ok - so I just signed up for GoodReads, which should replace my nerdy-ass excel spreadsheet where I track my books and my challenges... LOL

And I'm ready for the 2017 Reading Challenge!


Ok so anyways, back to the Book Battle and my newest obsession... I'm in the middle of reading Book Number FIVE in the Outlander series (you'll see I read the first three in 2016 (numbers 18-20 in the above list)).

They're EPIC novels, at like a thousand pages per book, so they take a bit more time than my usual novels... AndPlusAlso - it's a Starz series, they're in the process of filming season three (which is book three: Voyager) and I've been re-watching Season One (just finished two nights ago) and now Season Two...

Because I'm OBSESSED.

I'll show you why:

That would be "JAMMF" as per the huge FanPage I'm a member of on TheFBook...
James. Alexander. Malcom. McKenzie. Fraser.


mmmmmmmm....





So - it's February 20th, and I've only read 7 books so far in 2017...

If I keep up with that rate, I'll hit exactly 50 books this year (which was the challenge I set for myself in Goodreads...)

let's see if I can make those 50 books all part of the 2017 Reading Challenge!
~First Challenge Post to follow~

No comments:

Post a Comment