Thursday, August 8, 2013

A new normal

~Birth Story Part III~

Recovery can be a bitch...
Recovery from alcoholism. Recovery from a drug addiction. Recovery from an accident...

After my csection, I spent the first few minutes in recovery with the soft skin of an itty bitty body against my chest, a tiny little back rising and falling under my hand with sweet baby breaths...

After they weighed and measured Benjamin, we finally arrived at our Mommy&Baby room that would cocoon us for the next three nights and days...

A few minutes later, a weary crowd of family that had been waiting since the csection verdict hours before tiptoed into the room.. a grandma and grandpa met their very first grandchild.
 
Three aunts met their nephew.
 An uncle met his nephew, and precious godson. 

I could feel the Proud Mama glowing from within, as I sat and watched each face take in this new being with awe..

1 comment: