Wednesday, September 14, 2016

Balancing Mom Hacks...

Listen - you've gotten find balance in life... and I feel like I've finally found/accepted that in the last few weeks...

like Monday evening after I got home with the kiddos and we were waiting for Daddy to get home from work - some nights I would plop Ms. Mack in the highchair with some puffs, and Button would get into all kinds of crap play in the living room while I cleaned up the kitchen a little and got dinner going...

instead, that night, we had a rocking dance party...
the play list?
"I Like to Move It (Move It)" 

and "Everybody Dance Now" by C&C Music factory

 and "Who Let the Dogs Out"

let's just say my white girl moves totally came out...

and I totally attempted this...


(and boy, Button went down for bed later like a DREAM... we were all worn out!)

But really - I've accepted that clean clothes will sit in folded piles (eventually I go through them and they're all in the hamper again anyways!) in favor of reading the second Outlander book (or watching another episode!)

Or the dishes in the sink will sit for one more day in favor of crocheting another square for Ms. Mack's blanket (my goal is to have it finished by Christmas... with over 2 seasons of Outlander to watch, it shouldn't be hard!)

Balance - work hard (from the hours of 9-5 and then some (at home), of course) and play hard!


Some other Mom Hacks that can help you find balance (or just help you do the fun stuff and skip the work part!):

1. If you're like me and become a whirling tasmanian devil during the get-ready-for-work/daycare morning craziness, a good time-saving tip was to send Ms. Mack to daycare in her PJs... hear me out - the night before, just dress baby in a clean onesie and pants that can pass for clothes...
The next morning, you can go straight to daycare after a diaper change!


2. (stealing from the internet) trying to get the house cleaned in the 5 minutes you have before family comes over??


3. speaking of baskets... BUY ALL THE BASKETS (like when Michaels has a sale!!) It makes the tornado-clean-up so much easier... we have a basket for little boy toys, a basket for little girl toys, a basket for big Daddy shoes, a basket for Mommy shoes, a basket for - you get the idea, right?

4. A recently discovered one: scrub your tub while giving baths - you're already in there on your hands and knees - have Daddy take the clean kiddos and do a really quick scrub!

No comments:

Post a Comment