Tuesday, August 9, 2016

Lucky Number (aka 7 Months!)

oh my gosh,,, BAD BLOGGER (slaps wrist)

I fall into this trap: I get a little bit behind in blogging, and then to post becomes a bigger (and bigger and bigger) deal, to get all caught up and current with what's going on... the bigger it gets, the more inclined I am to put it off even more, which makes it become an ever bigger endeavor...

which is how we end up here: with a 7-month post needed, a three-year BigBoy post needed, a wedding we went to weeks ago, my parents' trip (haven't seen them since January!!!) and birthday celebrations...

we're just going to vomit all these out in this and the next (few) post(s)...

first all - we flew past Maddie's 7 months! (We flew so quickly past it, I never took pictures with her cute month-stickers that SIL got me...  oops...)






Miss Madeline was 7 months on July 21st!




while there's no stats, she's nursing approx 3 times a day (at 5am - girl sleep in! and at 8am before daycare, and around 8pm before bed...)



speaking of bed - she's sleeping around 9pm-5am (she's sometimes a struggle to put down to bed - I've recently read about FEED-PLAY-SLEEP and may try it tonight - no more nursing to sleep... eat/nurse early, play and then bedtime with big brother...
(I wonder if I'll want to hand-pump a little before I go to bed now...)



When she wakes at 5am (ish) I usually bring her back to bed with me where we side-lie nurse and usually both go back to sleep for another hour or so...











(Google auto-awesome does these animations... so friggin cool!)
She likes to stand while holding on, sometimes lets go and checks herself out...

We're eating LOTS of food! Breakfast is usually 1/2 a banana, another pureed fruit, and some yogurt...
Lunch is usually a vegetable and some wheat bread - yup, wheat bread - broken into puff-size pieces... this girl can eat!
Dinner is usually another vegetable/meat puree and some more bread...
I've veered a little away from 100% homemade food (shit I just didn't have the time anymore...) but I just made some butternutsquash+corn and spinach+applesauce last night... big menu-planning trip tonight, I'll pick up some fruits to puree (strawberries and peaches??)

She naps well at daycare (typically 2 short ones, minimum...) I guess I shouldn't say "well" - the naps usually run less than an hour...

We had a bit of an enterovirus recently during which she napped for almost 3 hours!!  (Her appetite also decreased for a few days, so little Miss isn't as chunky-cheeks anymore, hopefully we're getting back up there!!)


She loves to watch her brother, whatever he is doing - whether it's showing her his toys while they play in our bed, or shake tissue paper in her face (she gets SUCH a kick out of that... weirdo! lol)
She likes rattles (shake shake shake!) and still enjoys baths - developed a little bit of eczema behind one of her knees, hopefully it will clear up with some aquaphor...

We've started trying out different sippy-cups, so far she only likes to chew on them, but I switched out the nipple on our recent favorite and she seems to have recently realized she's getting something yummy!

I'm still pumping twice a day at work, getting about what she's drinking at daycare (2- 3.5oz bottles) and I've still got a very decent freezer stash (90ish ounces at last count!)

With 1.5 months left until we can start a cow's milk transition, odds are looking pretty good to finish up EBF! (of course, plus our solids...)

still wearing Size 6M clothes (feetie sleepers getting short!!!) (can rock hand-me-down (pre-washed/shrunk) size 9M)
Wearing size 3 diapers!! (would totally fit into 2's, but our local food store had a sale on Huggies recently and all they had were 3's and up, so... well, they don't leak! lol)


loves her frozen yogurt bars!

Despite having no teeth yet (following in her brother's footsteps there!) she still LOVES her puffs and bread, I can hear her crunch into the star-shaped puffs... =P

Happy 7 Months, Big Girl!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment