Monday, August 22, 2016

Celebrity-Monday

intrigued by the title?!

so am I - not really sure what I'm doing here, but I recently read a cute blog entry where the author turned the "celebrity interviews" (the ones you see in magazines- "What's in My Purse?" for example!) on herself..

this is always good when I need to blog (i.e. it's been awhile) but I've gotten so back-logged in "updates" that it's become that tedious looming chore...

lol


so, for the first "I'm a Celebrity!" interview (where you get to learn things about me you may not give a crap about. lol)

I NEVER LEAVE HOME WITHOUT...
a good pair of sunglasses! (of course, there's the assumed "cell phone" but that's a boring answer...)
A nice pair of Jackie-O sunglasses can both hide any under-eye bags that came from your kids waking you at 6am on a Saturday AND disguise the fact you haven't washed off your mascara from the night before... ALL while polishing off your outfit of leggings and new LuLaRoe top! (yes, I've become obsessed... fashion post soon to come!)

THE MOST STYLE YOU CAN GET FOR UNDER $25...
Well I can find some pretty cheap clothes personally, but we'll stick with a universally "cheap" item of a scarf! Patterned, solid, knit or cotton - it's my out-fit topper all fall/winter long, and it helps to serve as a nursing cover!

MY VANITY IS ALWAYS STOCKED WITH...
Make up wipes! (except it's currently not stocked right now - I just ran out last night... lol)
A fabulous piece of beauty advice my mom and grandma gave me - WASH YOUR FAVE EVERY NIGHT - even if "washing" sometimes means taking a pre-moistened cleanser wipe to your skin... get that gunk off before bed!


BEST SHOPPING ADVICE...
make sure it's VERSATILE! (especially if it's a piece you're spending a bit of money on... if not, then go for the $2 impulse buy at that thrift-store sale *wink wink*)
but if not - if you're going to spend a pretty penny, make sure you can already envision multiple outfits/ways to wear this piece... as with my new LuLaRoe obsession, I "splurged" $40 on a "Julia" dress - but made sure I already have multiple ways (and the accessories needed!) to wear this!

I ALWAYS SPLURGE ON...
No particular thing, but always one or two items per season... three years ago it was a splurge on my Michael Kors watch. Two years ago it was a maxi skirt from Anthropologie... If each season you splurge on one or two staple pieces (black wool dress! fabulous riding boots! the perfect pair of jeans!) then you can easily supplement with cheaper/thrift-store pieces!

I ALWAYS SAVE ON...
The most current fads/fashions - especially if they're ones that are pretty funky and are most likely going to be lining the give-away bins within a year... So while current styles aren't always available cheap or pre-owned (thrift store queen here!) that means I dress more in the timeless classics... Shift dress and cardigan - don't forget your scarf!


EVERY WOMAN NEEDS...
a piece of clothing/outfit that she feels fabulous and confident in EVERY TIME she puts it on... whether that's a little black dress with all-the-right-places rouching, or a leggings-and-oversized-Tshirt paired with a favorite pair of flip-flops and a cute pony-tail...

MY SECRET STYLE SOURCE...
everyone, everywhere... that ingenious little teenager, wearing a skirt as a tube-top! the librarian with a to-die-for stripes+floral combo within her cardigan and pencil skirt set! the A-lister celebrity listed on the style pages with the most recent fad - acid-wash jeans back from the 80's! (not really that fad... but you get where I'm going...)
My younger SIL's (still in highschool) keep my style young, and my conservative coworkers keep it classic!
from hip, to nerdy - a bit edgy to good old jeans and a scarf!

MY MUST-HAVE FOR WINTER...
Tights. In a goes-with-everything shade of gray.  Got a favorite sundress that you miss mid-snow-storm? Rock it with a collared-blouse and tights underneath!  How about a tailored pair of shorts? Tights, booties and a cute sweater! (OMG now I'm ready for fall!)




Well there you go, a first interview of (hopefully) many to come! 

No comments:

Post a Comment