Thursday, March 15, 2018

re-LENT-less

So it's Lent, and I could totally claim that I gave up blogging for lent and this absence has been totally purposeful.

But I'd be full of shit.


In reality, life right now is:
- arriving at daycare drop off with jelly still smeared ear to ear on Ms. Mack (and the teachers love to play the game Guess What Was For Breakfast!)

- wondering how the house looks like a TORNADO TORE THROUGH literally 15 hours (10 of which the kids spent sleeping!) after the cleaning lady did her thang.  (And by cleaning lady, I am totally not referring to myself.)

- finally figuring out a good schedule for Peapod (we dropped HelloFresh - portions were getting to be NotEnough) and every Thursday/Friday night seems about right for us; I'm (so far) organized with keep (a google app) for meal planning and such.  So far.

- Pinning outfits which is also totally helping when I can barely open my eyes in the morning and have 30 minutes to get dressed and made up before shlepping the kids out the door.

- snowing. Nor'Easter after Nor'Easter, and I think I heard another one coming this Tuesday... -_- spring and summer seem very far off...


and life upcoming is:
- planning to redecorate our master bedroom (currently a dark sage green, which we just left from the previous owners because - "It's ok." as hubby put it. -_-)  I got a king comforter+shams set from a friend, and I plan on painting when he's in Montreal for three days at a bachelor party.  This involves moving away from walls: a king-size bed, a tall armoir, two nightstands, and a large dresser.  I'm still debating who to enlist as child care and who to enlist as painting/moving helpers.  I am insistent on doing this all RealityTVDesignShow style and have it all done and pretty with accent pillows and all when hubby arrives home from the airport Sunday evening.   I may also be heavily drinking.

- writing novels.  I started one last April, 'finished' (draft one) by December 31st as per a personal deadline.  Then four chapters into a revision, decided to start a different project.  And then another project.  I'm more passionate about the second two projects.  But there it is, three different novels, all in progress.


But all of this is fine - we're fine, getting ready for school pictures in a few weeks for which Button will be donning a cap and gown (preschool grad? and kindergarten grad? seems a bit overkill to me... the kid will have graduated like ten times in the next fifteen years)

And each time I think our social calendar has calmed down, boom - we receive three invitations in the mail for birthday parties, bridal showers, and photo-shoot requests - two on the same day.

Some days I want to disappear for a week and see how hubby would handle (he'd totally just take a week's vacation from work cuz there no WAY he could handle all that plus 40-hr work week.) and then, like I text my mom the other night, there's times I wanna be all "LET ME GET MY CAPE! I CAN DO IT AND BE PROUD!"

most times, I land somewhere in between - shrugging when we miss Show'N'Tell for the fourth week in a row (Button assured me it's ok, when kids forget their Show'N'Tell they can just grab something from the classroom) and making sure there's always a frozen lasagna (Stauffers makes the best!) ready to pop in the oven for dinner...

our cleaning lady is moving (back to OH) at the end of the month, Monday is her last day and I have a feeling (without a new one lined up yet) that I won't fully recognize all she did until we don't have her for two weeks.  We'll see...

Right now, the laundry is sitting in a basket in the hallway, but hey - it's clean and folded!  and we're THIS close to getting Button to put his own clothes away.




Anyways.

that's all.  Just an update before this becomes too tedious to publish and it sits in my draft folder for months...

3 comments:

  1. Love the update! Also, you're a writer (beyond blogging)? Do you have anything published? Good luck with painting your bedroom! I have so much painting that needs to be done in our house, but finding enough time without the kids here is proving to be impossible!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm a writer. not published, YET. lol
      yea, I'm going to have to enlist like 4-5 people between paint assistance and childcare!!

      Delete
  2. Yep sounds similar to our household. I'm sorry about all of the snow storms that you guys had this year. It made me pretty happy that we were in Chicago and not CT!

    ReplyDelete