Wednesday, December 20, 2017

Jolliest Bunch of Assholes...

It has definitely been a nuthouse this December.

This holiday season is kicking my ass, and I can't help but every day or so, scream - YES! YES, THE MENTAL LOAD!!!!! IT'S TOO MUCH!!!

And then I go drink four glasses of wine and pass out in my clothes.

Not really.


Well, really on the four glasses of wine....



This December has been a trip to Foxwoods to surprise my sister for her 30th birthday, kids birthday parties (4 parties in two weekends), a family going-away party, hockey games, dentist appointments, Button's hockey clinics, work holiday parties (3), Christmas shopping (as if I don't have enough between 19 people in our families, I have THREE secret santas for work), and running to the post office to get packages mailed to Seattle and TX. (Oh yea, and our Christmas cards - which have been sitting addressed and stamped for almost a week - finally got put out in the mail today.)

And let's not forget - Ms. Mack's SECOND BIRTHDAY is tomorrow!  She had her kids party on the 10th, her party with family on the 17th, and her party at daycare today (had to remember the cupcakes!) 

There's the kids' holiday party at daycare on Friday - for which I signed up to bring fruit.  (Store run last night for pre-cut fruit bowl.)

E's work party is tomorrow night, so after work (which I will hopefully leave a little early) I'll haul ass home and we'll celebrate Ms. Mack's actual birthday with the four of us (E will have to stop at the store for a cupcake) and then I'll need to start glamming up to leave when the Uber arrives around 7pm (yes, the company pays for ubers for everyone.. nice perk!)


Let's add on now - during the family party on Sunday, the IL's fed the dogs all kinds of crap table food.  So both dogs shit (TWICE EACH) during the day, so I walk in Monday evening and have to clean that up.
Zoey continues to have diarrhea for the next 36 hours.

This morning E reports it as slightly bloody, and warrants this calls for a vet visit. 


Of course, who is being left to shoulder all that? 

-_-


It's no wonder that I've forgotten to try and get a molar extraction done before our main dental insurance expires on 12/31/17.  But guess what - that office is closed on Wednesdays. 


So I'll try to remember to call tomorrow and hope I can beg for an appointment and - YAY - get a tooth pulled before New Year's Eve.


But for now - gotta run, the dog's appointment is in 45 minutes and I need to wrap up stuff at work, because I am so totally taking the rest of the day "to stay home and monitor Zoey and make sure she stays hydrated" (aka finish Christmas shopping for Secret Santas and for stocking stuffers from Santa for the kids, and for E's gift.)


Aren't you jealous?

3 comments:

  1. I agree that this Christmas is KILLING ME! Good luck getting all of your stuff done today while you "monitor the dog." :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't believe you buy gifts for all 19 people. You're a rockstar!

    ReplyDelete
  3. And here I thought I had a crazy December! Tony has tried convincing me to do two birthday parties for the kids, one for the family and then a separate one for just the kids. Ugh! Who has time or wants to plan two birthday parties? But you are a rockstar and actually do just that!

    ReplyDelete